- Interesting and diverse role covering exploration and production
- Residential role with housing with an emerging mining company
- Dynamic position that will be rewarding and contribute to broader success
Pivot have been engaged to assist in sourcing a talented, highly capable and driven Geologist to become a critical member of the technical services team within this emerging mining group, based at an expanding mine operation in the Bowen Basin with plenty of upside growth and projects to get stuck into.
About the role:
In this diverse role you will work across exploration, mine geology, project management as well as operational support functions working with the technical services team and getting solid exposure to mine planning/ engineering across the mine plan to deliver outcomes.
Key duties and accountabilities:
- Initially with an exploration focus couple with ongoing exploration programs, the role will also diversify into coal mine geology and technical functions.
- Excellent communication skills between the departments and with the contractors on site
- Manage reports, identify improvements and cost savings
- Ensure safety and compliance in all relevant areas
- Provide technical support and advice
- Project management and ability to juggle competing priorities
- Leadership skills and ability to mentor others would be highly regarded
You will hold relevant geology tertiary qualifications and demonstrate exposure to exploration, mine operations, and modelling environments. This all-encompassing opportunity will see you work across all mediums from exploration to mine production as well as gaining exposure to mine planning and all aspects of the operation as well. Ideally you will have 2+ years working in a similar role in an open cut coal environment. We will also consider more senior candidates that are also interested in the role.
What the role is offering:
This is an excellent chance to become part of something big, this role will see you gain exposure to all aspects of current operation coupled with future projects and give you the opportunity to grow with the business and forge a strong career path with a range of exciting options. This is a permanent, full-time role working with a strong brand on a world class project. A competitive residential salary package will be offered for the right person, offering a comfortable regional lifestyle. Options will be available for an exploration roster when driving programs on a 2/1 roster and at other times the role will be a Mon – Fri 5/2 roster.
Contact Matt Clark on +61 403727755 or email@example.com or hit the apply button now.
Created to deliver.