Mining Engineer – Open cut coal
- Central QLD residential role with housing allowance
- Expanding site – work with a small and dedicated team
- International company offering development opportunities
Mining company with multiple projects across the Bowen Basin offering stability and residential lifestyle options.
About the role:
Pivot is working on a new role for an experienced Mining Engineer to work alongside a small and focused technical services team. Reporting to the Tech Services Superintendent you will provide mine engineering expertise across short term planning and day to day interaction with the mining production team. The site runs a truck and shovel operation and offers genuine career development opportunities where you can play a key role in the success of this project.
You will have a relevant mining background coupled with mining or civil engineering qualifications. Your background will see you coming from an open pit mining environment having exposure to either coal, iron ore or other similar commodities. Your focus on safety and continual learning will enable you to grow with this organisation and deliver against the sites production targets. Ideally you will have 2+ years working as a mining engineer in an open cut coal environment. Experience with software such as Vulcan, Spry, etc are highly desirable.
Key duties and accountabilities:
- Short term mine planning and scheduling activities
- Excellent communication skills
- Manage reports, identify improvements and cost savings
- Ensure safety and compliance in mining activities
- Provide technical support and advice
- Utilise mine planning and scheduling software
What the role is offering:
The successful applicant will be offered a comprehensive remuneration package including a housing allowance. Career enhancement and opportunities exist for candidates looking to further expand their career in open cut coal.
Contact Anthony Durack on +61 414 657 013 or email@example.com or hit the apply button now. Please provide resume in word format.
Created to deliver.